Thursday, August 25, 2011

St. Joseph is my marketer...

I pray to St. Joseph the worker for successful installations and for more work, so I can pay my bills.  I have prayed for his intersession   many times  for family and friends to get jobs.  He always comes through for me.  Finally, I started asking him for myself. 
2 years ago this week I sold my home in Amherst, NY and flew down to Jacksonville to find a new place to live. I rented a car and headed down to Palm Coast and St. Augustine.  I searched for 3 days, found a house and a Church I liked and put an offer on a Short Sale . It was accepted. Although it took 7 long months for that short sale to go through, I was able to rent the same house in the interim. The problem with renting is it was hard not to paint the inside of the all WHITE house. 
Coincidentally, my new Church has this wonderful statue of St. Joseph the Worker. 

All this time I prayed that God's will for me would be done...Lord, if I am to move, help me sell my house and find a new house. St. Joseph has a good track record helping people sell their house and I was not disappointed.  
I am sometimes accused of being courageous for moving away from family, friends and a thriving business during a recession, into one of the hardest hit states of Florida.  But in reality, it is just that I trust God not to "leave me hanging!" But if he does, then I guess it was part of his plan for me, and I am good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment